Dr. Michelle M. Morgan
Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
- PhD History, 2007, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- MA History, 2000, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- BA, 1996, Carleton College
- History of the US since 1877 (and honors section)
- Teaching of Secondary School Social Studies
- American Expansion and Empire
- The American West
- Supervised Student Teaching
- History of American Education
Research and professional interests
- American social history in the 19th and 20th centuries, including education, labor, gender, race and ethnicity, urban history and the West
- Social studies education and teacher preparation
Awards and honors
- University of Wisconsin-Madison History Department Travel Grants. 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2005.
- Spencer Foundation Dissertation Fellowship for Research Related to Education. 2003-04.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Graduate School Vilas Travel Grant. 2002-2003.