Dr. Eric W. Nelson
Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
- D.Phil., 1999, University of Oxford
- World history
- Early modern European history
Research and professional interests
- Early modern France and world history
Recent book publications:
- Bob Strayer and Eric Nelson, Ways of the World: A Brief Global History with Sources, 3rd edn (Boston: Bedford St Martin’s, 2016).
- Eric Nelson, The Legacy of Iconoclasm: Religious War and the Relic Landscape of Tours, Blois and Vendôme 1550-1750 (Saint Andrews: University of Saint Andrews’s Centre for French History and Culture, 2013).
Awards and honors
- STARS Successabilty Award Winner, 2015
- Top 23 Arts and Humanities Professors in Missouri, 2013
- Missouri Professor of the Year, CASE/Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, 2012
- Governor's Award for Teaching Excellence, Missouri, 2011
- Foundation Award for Teaching, Missouri State University, 2011
- Master On-line Course Recognition Award, Missouri State University, 2011