Why pursue a graduate degree in history at Missouri State?
- You will be able to specialize in the area of history that most interests you within our three track options: American studies, U.S. and world, and specific global area studies (such as the Midwest or Europe).
- Many courses are offered online, including the entire U.S. and world history track, which is perfect for working professionals who require flexible scheduling.
- Teachers may opt for the secondary education sub-track which blends education courses with the history track option of your choice to improve your skills as an educator.
- Your education benefits from our large number of excellent faculty who hold PhDs. The blending of their research specialties creates a comprehensive, interdisciplinary history program that provides you with both knowledge and research skills.
- Our programs prepare you for a variety of careers, including those in education, law and government.