Dr. Marcia A. Butler
Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
PhD, Chinese History, 2007, Cornell University
- Modern World History
- Pre-modern East Asia History
- Pre-modern World History
- Modern East Asia History
Research and professional interests
- Chinese history
- Pre-modern Southeast Asia
- Ritual and violence
- Ritual, belief and science
- Cultural exchange
- Pre-modern military
- Cultural analysis
Awards and honors
- Summer Dissertation Writing Grant, June 2004. Southeast Asia Program, Cornell University.
- John S. Knight Institute for Writing in the Disciplines, 2004. Instructor Stipend for Student Writing Portfolio Award.
- John S. Knight Institute for Writing in the Disciplines, 2004. Student Wayne Huang. Winner, James E. Rice Award for Excellent Writing (unanimous).
- John S. Knight Institute for Writing in the Disciplines, 2004. Student Lauren Pearson. Winner, Spencer Prize.
- Knight Biggerstaff Fellowship, Spring 2003. Department of History, Cornell University.
- Fulbright Foundation Fellowship (Taibei, Taiwan), 1999-2000. Visiting researcher, Academia Sinica, Institute of History and Philology.