Student Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes for the history education undergraduate program
- Students will be able to demonstrate a breadth of training across historical time and space (Praxis).
- Students will be able to develop an in-depth understanding of a field, theme or region (Praxis).
- Students will be able to demonstrate an historical awareness of the diversity of the human experience across time and space (research papers).
- Students will be able to apply, assess and debate the major historical schools of thought, methodology and types of sources that historians use to make original arguments (research papers).
- Students will be able to formulate historical arguments and communicate those arguments in clear and persuasive prose.