Student Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes for the history education graduate program
- Students will develop an understanding of historiography, the historical method, and
history as an academic discipline.
- Students will develop advanced knowledge in one or more scholarly fields in the study
- Students will utilize theories and methods appropriate for graduate research in the
study of history.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking, analytical, and interpretive skills appropriate
for graduate research in history.
- Students will communicate effectively both orally and in writing.